to be busy or not to be

Luke 10:38-42 "Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word. But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, 'Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.' And Jesus answered and said to her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.'"

I think I've spent my life being Martha. I'm always busy. Busyness was the original prompt for this major change in my life. It is why I left the 9 to 5. I wanted to pursue the things that matter. So, how is it that in just three short weeks I find myself busier, more stressed, mind bogglingly overwhelmed and injected full of anxiety? How do I fix it? How do I make this change once and for all?

I notice in the passage that Jesus says, "Martha, Martha, (Katie, Katie), you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed,".

Jesus, I lay it all at your feet. I'm trusting you for what's next, because I do not know how to do this. Help me align my priorities.

4 comments:

mary beth shipley said...

Amen to that, actually just what I needed to hear not only today but RIGHT AT THE MOMENT I read it! Love you Kate!

Kati said...

A simple and wonderful prayer! Thank you!

Stacey said...

I am learning to truly BELIEVE the Lord that what He said in His Word is truth...no ifs ands or buts about it. I realized that my fear, struggle and frustrations were really my lack of belief that He will do what He says...it is a daily challenge for me but I am getting there. Thank you Kate for writing these things to make me think and grow in my trust in the Lord.

"Cast your cares on Him for He cares for you!" Somewhere in the Bible!

Amber and Chris said...

This is good! I can definitely relate. You are full of wisdom, Katie. As the Holy Spirit leads and guides you, I have no doubt that thing's will be put back in balance, and I believe that thing's are being put back in balance as we speak. Great blog!

Post a Comment

Followers