dream a little dream

I guess I could say I have always been a dreamer. I realize it is unusual to say this, but all of my dreams came true by the time I was 25 years old. Yes, I was one of those people who went to college knowing what I wanted to do with my life and with God's grace and favor I accomplished it. Accomplishing my dreams at such an early age was mind blowing and then it occurred to me I still have three-quarters of my life to live and I have no idea what is next.

I found myself visionless and almost lifeless as I went about the daily grind in an unfulfilling manner. The only other dream I had is to be a mother and after years of struggle and disappointment I realized for whatever reason this dream isn't happening right now. So, if I am not a mother what am I supposed to do with the rest of my life?

I still remember sitting on the couch with my husband lamenting over my dilemma. I knew I could either continue to be miserable with my unfulfilled dream or I could move on and choose to live an abundant life despite my circumstances. Proverbs 29:18 says, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” Even though I was perishing, I was determined to fight for life. I prayed for a vision.

The new vision did not come immediately, but my heart and my attitude were the first to change in response to the world around me. I became teachable. I began to have joy in what I had instead of what I thought was missing from my life. Then at a time when everything was clear the dream came.

I do not even remember how it started, but I knew what I needed to do. I wanted to teach others what I had learned so they might be able to avoid some of my mistakes. I wanted to share how each of us can have a bountiful life no matter how much or how little we have.

So, now comes the execution of the dream. How long will it take? Only God knows. It is a journey I am determined to labor on until whatever God has for me comes to fruition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers